2014 – 2016
Pharmaceutical Process Project Engineering
Organisation and execution of validation and qualification new production facility ‘Nuvaring’ MSD Oss.
Lean six sigma project manager. MSD Merck BioTech Oss.
- project ‘sample logistics’, create compliant and qualified ‘chain of custody’ production test samples
- Quality manual for Supply Chain Management department, creation and implemented
- Project portfolio management, 80 projects: reporting, standardization accoording to MSPS, facilitate escalation and priority setting process aligned with Hoshin Kanri challenges
2009 – 2014
Lean Leader Cert. Black Belt General Electric Healthcare
leader of operational excellence programm. Productivity improvements realised and implementing lean culture towards ‘lean certified line & Black Belt certification’. Implementation and validation of automated Excel and SAP solutions.
2006 – 2009
supply chain and manufacturing projects
2005 – 2006
high tech equipment manufacturing, practicing Prince 2 methodology.
2004 – 2005
Director Operations – Fico Molding Systems B.V.
Responsible for engineering, logistics and production departments Fico Molding Systems B.V. respectively 60, 16 and 35 employees. Turnover Eur. 60 kk. Applied development and manufacturing of chip packaging molds and mechanisations integrated into automatic systems.
- Project- en product responsibility from order to delivery buy off and final acceptance of the system.
- Production volume ramp up early 2004 and down end of that year. Flexible response to semicon conjunctural wave.
- Preparation and execution of restructuring programme, transfer of sourcing components and systems to Asia, Malaysia/China.
2001 – 2004
Development Manager KeyTec Netherlands B.V.
Managing engineering and project department. Metal stamping, plastic injection moulding, productmodule assembly., inclusive serving local production centres in Hungary, China and Czech.Rep. www.keytec.nl. Turnover EUR. 40 kk.
General Manager KeyTec Tilburg B.V.
Injection moulding plant divestment of Philips PMF KMT, 165 employees, 55 injection moulding machines, automated production cells. Market segments CRT, Lighting, Automotive. Turnover NLG. 40 kk.
- General plant/location management.
- Leading reorganisation process.
- Transfer of production to KeyTec plants in Hungary, China, Eindhoven, and Sittard.
1998 – 2001
Manager ‘Optical Components’ department, Philips
PMF, Competence Centre Plastics
Responsible for Development and manufacturing of plastic optics. Lenses and Mirrors for CD players, Barcode readers and office equipment. Preferred supplier for Philips optical storage, HP and Symbol Technologies Inc.
Key competences: interferometry, optical design, optical moulding process, coatings (non)reflective, cleanroom production environment, automatic production and packaging processes.
20 special for optical moulding equipped injection moulding machines.
- Development and realisation of new lensmechanisations. Injectionmouldingmachine integrated with mechanization. Close cooperation with specialized partners.
- Multi cavity mould development for lenses.
- Ramp-up new lens model, building new production infrastructure.
- Bring new mirror and lens designs models into mass production.
- Realisation production budgets. Increase turnover from NLG. 10 kk to
NLG 20 kk.
1991 – 1998
Managing Director GL Plastics B.V.
Injection moulding technical polymer components. Sister company of G. van der Leegte Eindhoven B.V. tooling / finemechanics.
- Acquisition new business Philips, AMP, semicon caps.
- Organisation development, upto 18 inj. moulding machines.
- Realisation of production automation for connector parts, multicavity moulds.
NLG. 500.000,00 in year 1991 to NLG. 10.000.000 in year.
1988 – 1991
Account manager AKZO engineering plastics
Sales to end use clients a.o. Philips, AMP, Holec. Direct sales to custom moulders.
Sales and homologation of engineering plastics, mainly market segment electro.
1986 – 1988
Technical marketing specialist AKZO engineering plastics
Polymers polyamide, polyesters, elastomers, specialty compounds. Tech. Service, sales to molder and end user.. Polymeren polyamide, polyesters.
1982 – 1986
TU Twente Technische Bedrijfskunde Werktuigbouw, Diploma
1983 – 1984
Res. officier Genie Kon. Landmacht
1978 – 1982
HTS Werktuigbouw, Diploma
Project management training
Train the trainer
how to train professionals and trainers.
‘the story board’.
Radiation expert level 5b
2012 – 2013
Black Belt training en certificatie General Electric
Master Black Belt training
University of Amsterdam IBIS
KATA learner, trainer and coach
Black Belt Industry
University of Amsterdam IBIS theory examination, passed.
Specific knowledge and experiences
In the field of:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) pharma, healthcare
- Lean manufacturing, (master) black belt level, certified, KATA coach & learner competent level
- Supply Chain Management
- machine- and equipment manufacturing, semiconductor, polymers and simply industry
- working with external customers to results, technical – commercial
sr. project leader / program manager responsible for introduction, improvement of business processes and delivery of project results at customer and sponsor satisfaction. Master black belt level. Responsible for (part of) the value stream to meet company goals and objectives. Working in team or department of specialists where I can contribute, coach and enable people to develop them selves. Working in close cooperation with customers and clients to fulfil demand; exceed expectations.
Black Belt certified experienced project manager competent in the area of operation excellence in both manufacturing and development environment. In depth knowledge of lean 6S and project management techniques. Competent in leading and improving production processes, for example: compliancy, supply chain, reduction of cycle time and wastes, improve delivery reliability. My structured approach with use of data and statistics lead to (financial) results. While executing the projects I always have process and customer in focus. Cost conscious and aware of commercial interests. The enthusiasm of working in close relationship with customers and coaching team members contribute to sustained improvement of organisation and customer satisfaction.
A more detailled CV Resume you can find under ‘news’ or, please contact us.
Smit Industrial Consultant, Chamber of Commerce , march 23 rd. 2003, number 17164231